Looking for a unique setting for your next event?
Located on the scenic White River in the heart of Hamilton County, Teter Family Retreat provides a rustic backdrop for a variety of event planning needs. The facility can host gatherings, ranging from a few hours to a few days, including outdoor weddings, corporate outings, community group meetings, personal and group retreats, family reunions and scout troops.
Facilities and amenities include:
- Lodge with kitchen and fireplace
- A four-unit cabin with private restrooms and showers
- Picnic Shelter
- Fire Pits
- Hiking & Nature Trails
- Working Organic Farm
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Outdoor Basketball Court
- Ping-Pong Table
- Indoor Restrooms
- Large Screen LED Television
- DVD Player
- Cable Television
- Cross Walk
- Ample Parking
- Scenic River Views
- On-site Caretaker
- Nearby Restaurants
Teter Family Retreat is a ministry of Noblesville First United Methodist Church. The 120-acre property was donated to the congregation by Ruth Teter in 1981 with the request that it be developed into a church retreat and named in memory of the A.W. Teter family.
Teter Lodge is a great place for off-site meetings, conferences team-building events & family reunions. The main floor can comfortably accommodate groups of 30 or less. The lower level dining room is a larger space and can accommodate groups of 50.
The Lodge features:
- Rustic Furnishings
- A Wood-Burning Fireplace (September-March)
- Free Wi-Fi
- 55-inch LED Television
- Ping-Pong Table
- Small kitchen equipped with a full-size refrigerator, stove/oven and microwave.
Rates for Teter Lodge
Full-Day (9 hour rental)
Available Monday-Saturday from 8am-5pm
$150 (Deposit: $100)
Half-Day (4.5 hour rental)
Available Monday-Saturday from 8am-5pm & Sunday from Noon-5pm
$75 (Deposit: $50)
- Sleeps up to 28 people in four separate units
- Each unit is equipped with five twin beds and one double bed.
- Note that linens are not provided.
- Each of the four units has a a private entrance, private bath & shower, table & kitchenette.
- Check-In: 3pm.
- Check-Out: Noon.
Rate: $75 per night per unit (Deposit: $50)
- Equipped with electricity and picnic table seating for 75 people.
- Available Monday-Saturday from 8am-8pm & Sunday from Noon -6pm
Rate: $50 for the length of your event
Each member of your group can enjoy a scenic hayride along the White River.
Other outdoor amenities
- 120-acre wooded property with walking trails and scenic views of the White River
- Wooded outdoor stage area with bench seating for 100 guests
- Working organic vegetable farm & apiary (tours and volunteer opportunities available)
- Sand volleyball court
- Half-court basketball court
- Disc golf course
Outdoor Wedding Package
Available for ceremonies up to 100 guests on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon or evening, and Sunday evening.
- Pastoral officiant for ceremony
- Use of the Picnic Shelter with electricity and picnic table seating for 75 people
- Use of Teter Lodge for dressing and wedding party hospitality
- Use of men’s and women’s restrooms in the barn and Teter Lodge
- Custodial staff person on-site during event
$450 for members of Noblesville First United Methodist Church (Deposit: $100)
$650 for non-members (Deposit: $150)
Family Reunion Weekend Package
- Hayride on Friday or Saturday evening, weather permitting.
- Nightly campfire, weather permitting
- Cabin bunkhouse accommodations (up to 28 people)
- Floor sleeping space for an additional 24 people in Teter Lodge
- Access to the covered Picnic Shelter with electricity and picnic table seating for 75 people.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Check-in: 3pm on Friday
- Check-out: 5pm on Sunday
$750 (Deposit: $150)
Save $250 off daily rental
Special Booking Policy
- If a member of the congregation is booking an event for a private function, they pay the published rates.
- Boy Scout Troop 101, Noblesville First sponsored groups, any United Methodist clergyperson, and all Noblesville First staff members do not pay to use the facilities at Teter Retreat.
- $50-$100 deposit due at booking for holding the date and damages.
- Cancellation 30 days prior = 100% refund.
- Cancellation 15 days prior = 50% refund.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior = 0% refund
At this time, no alcoholic beverages are permitted at the property.