Looking for a unique setting for your next event?
Located on the scenic White River in the heart of Hamilton County, Teter Family Retreat provides a rustic backdrop for a variety of event planning needs. The facility can host gatherings, ranging from a few hours to a few days, including outdoor weddings, corporate outings, community group meetings, personal and group retreats, family reunions and scout troops.
Teter Family Retreat is a ministry of Noblesville First United Methodist Church. The 120-acre property was donated to the congregation by Ruth Teter in 1981 with the request that it be developed into a church retreat and named in memory of the A.W. Teter family.
Facilities and amenities include:
- Lodge with kitchen and fireplace
- A four-unit cabin with private restrooms and showers
- Picnic Shelter
- Fire Pits
- Hiking & Nature Trails
- Working Organic Farm
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Outdoor Basketball Court
- Ping-Pong Table
- Indoor Restrooms
- Large Screen LED Television
- DVD Player
- Cross Walk
- Ample Parking
- Scenic River Views
- On-site Caretaker
- Nearby Restaurants
More about Teter Retreat
Your rental supports our mission to to "Do Good - Eat Well". You are welcome to perform fun farm tasks with our volunteers, attend our summer outdoor worship services on Thursdays and Sundays, or simply hang out and enjoy the beauty and our amenities. There are also many other activities within short driving distances from Teter.
We are a 10 minute drive from Koteewi Park, 20 minutes from the incredible Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center (formerly known as Klipsch), and 25 minutes from Westfield’s Grand Park Sports Complex. Koteewi Park is located across the river from us and has horseback riding, archery, zip lining, snow tubing, nature trails, bike trails, a canoe launch, and a Natural History Center.
Teter Lodge is a great place for off-site meetings, conferences team-building events & family reunions. The main floor can comfortably accommodate groups of 30 or less. The lower level dining room is a larger space and can accommodate groups of 50.
The Lodge features:
- Rustic Furnishings
- A Wood-Burning Fireplace (September-March)
- Free Wi-Fi
- 55-inch LED Television
- Ping-Pong Table
- Small kitchen equipped with a full-size refrigerator, stove/oven and microwave.
Rates for Teter Lodge (Call for Rates)
Full-Day (9 hour rental)
Available Monday-Saturday from 8am-5pm
Half-Day (4.5 hour rental)
Available Monday-Saturday from 8am-5pm & Sunday from Noon-5pm
- Sleeps up to 28 people in four separate units
- We have four year round suites in our log cabin style bunkhouse that are open to guests.
- Each bunkhouse sleeps 7 people, has a private bathroom (sink, shower, flush toilet), a microwave, refrigerator, and a dining set.
- Teter is a great place for large groups (i.e youth groups, sports teams, extended families) to focus before the big game or connect with nature and each other because we can accommodate up to 28 people in our combined bunkhouse cabins. Each cabin has 3 bunk beds made up of five single beds and one bottom double bed.
- Check-In: 3pm.
- Check-Out: Noon.
- Equipped with electricity and picnic table seating for 75 people.
- Available Monday-Saturday from 8am-8pm & Sunday from Noon -6pm
Other outdoor amenities
- 120-acre wooded property with walking trails and scenic views of the White River
- Wooded outdoor stage area with bench seating for 100 guests
- Working organic vegetable farm & 23-hive apiary (tours and volunteer opportunities available)
- Sand volleyball court
- Basketball court
Outdoor Wedding Package
Available for ceremonies up to 100 guests on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon or evening, and Sunday evening.
- Pastoral officiant for ceremony
- Use of the Picnic Shelter with electricity and picnic table seating for 75 people
- Use of Teter Lodge for dressing and wedding party hospitality
- Use of men’s and women’s restrooms in the barn and Teter Lodge.
Family Reunion Weekend Package
- Nightly campfire, weather permitting
- Cabin bunkhouse accommodations (up to 28 people)
- Floor sleeping space for an additional 24 people in Teter Lodge
- Free Wi-Fi
- Check-in: 3pm on Friday
- Check-out: 5pm on Sunday
- Picnic Shelter and Hayrides available as add-ons upon request.
Special Booking Policy
- If a member of the congregation is booking an event for a private function, they pay the published rates.
- Boy Scout Troop 101, Noblesville First sponsored groups, any United Methodist clergy person, and all Noblesville First UMC staff members do not pay to use the facilities at Teter Retreat, but they do pay a $25 cleaning fee.
- United Methodist Clergy retreats may only be scheduled in advance for Monday-Thursday based upon availability.
- $50-$100 deposit due at booking for holding the date and damages.
- Cancellation 30 days prior = 100% refund.
- Cancellation 15 days prior = 50% refund.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior = 0% refund
At this time, no alcoholic beverages are permitted at the property.